We can all do better, and for many of us that starts with education. Here is a list of resources relevant to the Black Lives Matter movement that we at Ollie Quinn have found personally enlightening.
We would love to add more to the list - let us know at email@example.com if there's something you would like added.
(6) How to talk about race generally: So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo (Available on Amazon)
(7) How to unpack white sensitivity surrounding discussions of race: White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo (Available on Amazon)
(10) How to be antiracist: How to Be an Antiracist by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi (Available on Amazon)
(11) How to evaluate the problem of mass incarceration: The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander AND 13th by Ava Duvernay (available on Netflix)
Canadian Organisiations to get involved with - List from Huffington Post Canada:
(3) Black Legal Action Centre (Ontario)